‘Beauty in its abstract concept is an aspiration. It’s not always a reality. There is an aspirational element to beauty that exists from dollar stores all the way up to Bergdorf Goodman, because beauty in its ultimate is an aspiration.’
Demsey’s vijf kernwaarden zijn:
- I Want my MTV: popular culture drives mass consumption. Being plugged in – to movies, music, arts, style, celebrity – is crucial.
- Shock and Awe: Big ideas (like Tom Ford for Estée Lauder) can make an instant difference in a business were perception and reality are closely aligned.
- Beauty is Aspiration. Period.: Demsey’s not selling lipstick. He’s selling the universal desire to be beautiful that exists across all price points, all retail channels and all geographies.
- Fun and games: Women shop because they like to have new experiences – not because they need a new product. Retail must deliver a memorable moment.
- The Level playing field: in a world of fragmented media, all brands are equal.
Lees hier meer over marketingtrends.